The Book that Inspired 4Love

Friday, August 16, 2013



Do you ever wonder why someone starts a business, a non-profit, or running group? I’ve always enjoyed hearing and reading what inspires others to take a leap of faith in order to pioneer and start something they a passionate about.

I wanted to share the inspiration behind the clothing line, 4Love, that I created.  4Love was born out of a heart-wrenching book that would forever change the course of my life – Half the Sky by Kristoff and WuDunn. With each page that I read, I knew I wanted to find a way to empower women. I wanted to give women a greater voice so they could make decisions that benefit them and their family. I wanted to give them an opportunity to learn how to read, to learn how to write and give them the feeling of self-worth! According to the Chinese proverb, “women hold up half the sky”; women are the solution to breaking the cycle of poverty – not the problem – and I wanted to play a role in this growing revolution. 
Shortly after reading Half the Sky, God showed me a way in which I could help indigenous women in the Republic of Panama. This planted the seed for 4Love. Now, a year and half later, I’m thrilled to be sharing our latest collection of dresses with you! It has been one heck of a journey, filled with its fair share of stumbles and many sparkling surprises!
I would love to hear why you started your business, blog, running group or whatever that special passion may be for you! Please share in the comments below. I look forward to reading and responding to your story! 

xoxo,
    Lindsey Parry {Founder} 
P.S. If you haven’t read Half the Sky, I challenge you to read it.  It will open your eyes, heart and mind to a world where women have been denied everything, yet continue to beat all obstacles and fight for an opportunity to be empowered and educated. 
The Book that Inspired 4Love -- Half the Sky
Juana, Me, Nivia and Jilma - a few of the ladies from 4Love!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing the inspiration behind 4Love! Half the Sky is an amazing book...so awesome to see how you turned your inspiration into action! As for my own story, the book that inspired me to write A Call to the Heart was A Course in Miracles...opened me right up and aligned me with my purpose!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks Beka and I know you are an inspiration to many!

      Delete
  3. Hi Shanna! Thanks for sharing your inspiration and thanks for sharing your book A Call to the Heart with the world. I'm so happy to hear stories of people taking a step a faith and following their dreams. xoxo, Lindsey Parry

    ReplyDelete